Friday, October 4, 2013

Second Chemo Cycle Started

Just a quick update, we vere able to start the second cycle of chemo. 
This cycle is the same as first, same drugs, same doses. So he'll be here until at least Tuesday. 

Sarah and I will be taking turns being at the hospital with him. 

There was a nice delicious surprise waiting for him at the hospital, courtesy of coworkers, which made Jack very happy. (It made me pretty happy. My middle name is Donut Holes.)

The next step, after this cycle, and once his blood count levels return to normal, will be to harvest his blood for a later procedure. (The marrow transplant.) I think that will be in at least a couple of weeks, and I'll post more details on that as I learn more about it. 

Today I'm grateful for:
- the goodies welcome packet,
- that tornadoes have, so far, stayed away 
- continuing care from our coworkers, friends, and family

No comments:

Post a Comment