Sunday, August 10, 2014

Happy Sunday which is ---- National S'mores Day!

Jack had an great weekend. He's feeling a little better each day. Still not walking on his own, but he is getting around pretty good with the walker. His appetite is pretty good but is still pretty skinny. He's been drinking chocolate milk like no other. I am sneaking in some Carnations Instant breakfast for more calories, protein and fat. He thinks this 'new' chocolate milk is delightful.

We quit taking a couple of meds this weekend, Periactin (appetite stimulant) and Gabapentin (nerve pain). I think the side effects of were doing more harm that good. Jack is also having to take the injections every morning. They are going so-so. There isn't any fat on him, so I think this little thighs will be getting sore. He will have to take shots for the next 12 days.

Saturday, Jack and Tibor went and saw Teenage Mutant Turtles. Jack loved it! Saturday night Tibor built a little fire pit, and we roasted some marshmallows and made some s'mores. Yea, it was in our backyard, but we pretend we were in Colorado camping in the mountains. Sunday we all went to see the movie Into the Storm. It was pretty good. Walked (Jack wheeled) around the South Pointe Mall for a bit. It was nice to get out for a while. We had tacos tonight for dinner and for desert, it was custard from Culvers (Bonefire S'mores of course) for desert.

We are packed and ready for our week of treatment. Check in Monday at 7am. He'll be getting the anti-body med, so he'll be hooked up to monitors. Just a half dose this time, so hopefully an easier go around this week. I hope and fingers crossed.

Today I'm thankful for:
- having a nice weekend. It was calm and relaxing. Just what I needed.
- Chase starting school on Tuesday. He's ready for school, I think he's been ready for a while.
- for great co-workers at Duncan Aviation. It was my last day on Friday. Jack's treatment this last phase is pretty intense and I felt that all my time and energy should be spent on him and keeping our crazy family in order. :) We didn't say good bye, but a 'see you later.' In the 2.5 yrs that I have been there, I have meet some incredible people that I can call friends now. I foresee lunches in the future together, I know they would like to continue to see and hear how Jack is doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment